My boy is 5 months today… crazy lol. TIME flies. Soon he’ll be crawling or standing. Grabbed my coffee at 8:30 am. Got to the Complex at 8:40 am.
The little guy was restless. Must have been excited to see the girls.
Didn’t even have my coffee was too damn hot and left it in the car lol.
Honestly, I didn’t want to train…
Especially without my medium black coffee…
I pushed through though, lol.
I even upped the stakes…
Lifting: (135 lbs)
1. Squats, 5 sets, 14 Reps
2. Bench Press, 5 sets, 13 Reps
3. Vanity Crunches, 5 sets, 100 Reps
Conditioning: (10 mins, L6)
1. 1660 m
2. 1756 m
Morgan was in Minneapolis for the Submission Challenge so I covered the Saturday rundown….
Alex the bear grizzly, Jesse the machine doogle, and Katrina showed up… I really can’t blame anyone for not showing up. It was sunny and beautiful out.
The rest… lets just say in BJJ your partners and coaches will push you to make you better!
Warm Up: (Drilling)
- Arm bars from closed guard, 20 reps alternating sides
- Hip bump sweep from closed guard, 20 reps alternating sides
- Kimura from closed guard, 20 reps alternating sides
- Marcelotine’s, from closed guard, 20 reps alternating sides
- Omaplata’s, with over hook, from closed guard, 20 reps alternating sides
- Spider guard switches, from closed guard, 20 reps alternating sides
- Side control switches guard, 20 reps alternating sides
1. Cross collar grip, from closed guard, shave the chin, or wait for your opponent to grab your forearm in their defense, pop the elbow, then transition into arm bar using heel in the far side and hips really high. 20 reps alternating sides.
Great clip below showing this technique as well as finishing other choke variants…
2. Cross collar grip knuckle on the mat, from mount, pop the elbow, slap the mat, shave the chin, or wait for your opponent to grab your forearm in their defense then pop the elbow, switch to s-mount, switch arm hooks, hook a leg or grab pant Gi, leg over the head then finish on top or seat down extending arm bar. 20 reps alternating sides.
The following clip discusses the topside cross collar with both the over and under grips… he even touches on the transition for the topside arm bar…
Great clip discussing the seated arm bar from s-mount…
I got the guys to rep this out multiple times… and even reviewed the finer points on making sure you slapping the mat and shaving the face on the top, and shaving the face while someone is in your guard .
I want to congratulate Morgan, Hassan, and Jesse on their performances SAT at Submission Hunt in Minneapolis…
The fact that you went and competed, I wish I could have been there…
Always successful in my eyes!
Everything else is just icing on the cake…?
Posted from WordPress for Android
You must be logged in to post a comment.