Not gonna lie… 11 am is for selfish reasons… I get to do a good cardio and lift session in without being rushed lol… just got a summer membership at the local Thunder Bay Complex… Empty squat racks, benches, and other push pull equipment I will never use… however the rowing, little track above the swimming pool, swimming pool and day care make it convenient for our little family to get a small work out in together…
Still working on the wife to do BJJ… no dice.! yet! hah!!
Got to the gym around 8:30 am… boom!
Lifting: (5 sets, 12 reps)
- Squats, 135 lbs, 9:30 to 9:36 am
- Bench Press, 135 lbs, 9:44 to 10:05 am
- Vanity Crunches, 5 sets of 100 Reps, 9:44 to 10:05 am
Conditioning: (Stationary Rowing, L 6)
- 500 m, 2:14 min,
- 500 m, 2:15 min
- 500 m, 2:13 min
Big up to the 11 am’rs this Sunday morning… Morgy, Hassan, Scotty, Brittany, Katrina, Ugo, and Big Red for showing up for the grinder…
A few laps jogging, 1 lap lunges, 1 lap bear crawls forwards then backwards
1. Forward shoulder rolls, alternating shoulders, 1 x across mat
2. Reverse shoulder rolls, alternating shoulders, 1 x across mat
3. Side shoulder rolls, 1 x across mat left side & 1 x across mat right side
4. Forward butt scoots, 1 x across mat
5. Reverse butt scoots, 1 x across mat
6. Backwards shrimping, 2 x across mat
8. Forward shrimping, 2 x across mat
9. Backwards break fall to technical stand, 2 x across mat
10. Forward break falls to technical stand, 2 x across mat
A quick clip below…
Class Drilling: (4 mins each)
1. 4 mins, alternating, single leg takedown
2. 4 mins, alternating, duck under’s sacrifice takedown
3. 4 mins, alternating, drop seoi nage takedown
A quick clip below…
1. Wing Choke/Strangle, discussed way’s to create angles on how to apply the strangle to the arteries to avoid a compliance as when applied to the wind pipe. We also discussed the different grips that may or may not be associated with the choke during the application.
Rolling: (5 min rounds, 45 sec)
- Sat out
Ugo, brought up an issue regarding the side control and how he has issues getting out of it. We discussed how being in side control was the death. We showed a few preventative measures techniques to avoid side control.
See you sometime hopefully this week!
You must be logged in to post a comment.