Arrived at LEMMA at roughly 5:15 pm to hit up some Open Mat.
5:00 pm Open Mat
1. 3 x 10 min rounds with Luke, 1st round warm up, 2 rounds working top pressure game
2. 1 x 5 min Round with Trina, working bottom guard retention with back take
3. 2 x 10 min with Steve, hard technical rounds
6:30 pm Class
Rhino ran the class tonight and went through collar tie counter with a 2 on 1 with pressure on the arm/shoulder and elbow into a take down.
Below is the closest video I could find similar on YouTube for further reference. Its also called a Russian tie up apparently.
Rolling (3 min Rounds)
Never been a fan of short rounds, as people tend to give you all they got… and gas out…
1. Trina with focus was on close guard.
2. Young new white belt guy with focus was on back take… this guy had blood in his eyes… good thing I didn’t give him any space… he wanted to smash me lol. New spazzy white belts… respect, you gotta start somewhere.. and heck he has his own GI, respect.
3. Juneau with focus was on back take.
4. Rhino with focus on defending his chokes.
5. Another young new white belt guy with focus on maintaining mount.
6. The French Man, Philippe, working my top game.
Out and home by 7:55 pm
Have a great night all!!