Arrived at LEMMA for roughly 7:30 pm… popped some ibuprofen… yay…
Wow! some guys got here early, warming up, rolling, awesome especially with the crappy weather BJJ4Life…
Marc, Alex, John, Travis, Alex, Hector, Gary, Jared… were all on site and ready to do some drilling haahaha…
Warm-up Consisted of the Following Drills:
- Arm bars from closed guard, 10 reps alternating sides
- Hip bump sweep from closed guard, 10 reps alternating sides
- Omaplata’s with over hook, from closed guard, 10 reps alternating sides
- Scissor sweeps, with cross lapel from closed guard, 10 reps alternating sides
- Triangles from closed guard, 10 reps alternating sides
- Spider guard to triangles switches, 10 reps alternating sides
- Marcellotines, 10 reps alternating sides
- Side control switches, 10 reps alternating sides
- Butterfly guard sweeps to kesa gatame side control, 10 reps alternating sides
- Spinning arm bar, from side control, with under hook when partner turns into you. 10 reps alternating sides
- Modified single leg takedown (chest pressure & heal pick, from cross-lapel double fist grip break, maintain the lapel grip once placing between partner), 10 reps alternating sides
- Modified Judo hip throw, retaining the far side arm hook with a deep under hook, 10 reps alternating sides
- Drop Seoi Nage, with under arm pit grip, 10 reps alternating sides
I’ve attached a fun viddy with some of us working on drills… some… ahem lol enjoy, sped up x 7.
Technique: (Some open guard sweeps sweep… we got sweeps)
A cute video of us working on the following sweeps enjoy.. ahahah
The ones we worked on tonight are as follows:
1. Weighter Sweep @ roughly 1:15
2. Tripod Sweep @ roughly 1:12
3. Star Sweep @ roughly 1:22
Marco Polo! I’ve attached a video found on YouTube by Jason Skully for reference with 51 other sweeps we will take a run through… enjoy!!
Rolling: (5 min rounds)
1. Sat out.. no partner
Remember use technique… if you muscle, you gas, when you gas, you tire, when you tire, you die… I think…great quote from a great Black Belt Saulo Ribeiro—six-time Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu World Champion.
Wait the real one is below… lol
Great time boys!!