Got a text from Professor Nathan Hatton at roughly 8:00 am… sure enough he’s back from his layaway since his wrestling coaching has ended…to Sunday early training awesomeness… “Free time baby, means more training woooo” he says… Nathan came in early as well to get some lifting in awesome.
Got some news about a training partner who moved down south about their promotions with Gringo BJJ… Ashley getting her purple and Johnny getting striped up fan-freaking-tastic, always great to those committed and train soo much progress. Crongrats guys. Miss these peoples. You train in the GI… it’s easy. You will get promoted in the GI… Ossu!!
9:00 am training consisted of tabata styled movements with the grappling dummy. 60 secs per movement, with 5, different exercises as hard and as fast as possible. 5 sets total 60 sec breaks between sets. Yep the same… next month will be something else… just have to figure that out. Most definitely will keep the push ups to knee belly.
5 Sets of:
1. 60 sec, knee belly switches
2. 60 sec, side control switches
3. 60 sec, mount to s-mount, alternating sides
4. 60 sec, standing up side control switches
5. 60 sec, side control, push-ups to knee belly, alternating knees
Below is a 1-2 min sped up video clip x 4, of me drilling with the grappling dummy at 9 am this morning enjoy!
15 min Warm-up:
1. forward shoulder rolls, alternating shoulders, 2 x across mat
2. Reverse shoulder rolls, alternating shoulders, 2 x across mat
3. Side shoulder rolls, 1 x across mat left side & 1 x across mat right side
4. Forward butt scoots, 2 x across mat
5. Reverse butt scoots, 2 x across mat
6. Backwards shrimping, 2 x across mat
8. Forward shrimping, 2 x across mat
9. Backwards break fall to technical stand, 2 x across mat
10. Forward break falls to technical stand, 2 x across mat
11. Outside Z walks, 1 x across mat forward
12. Single knee drops, 2 x across mat
Below is sped up clip x 7 of the class warm we did this morning enjoy…
- Passing, x-passing to back take and submission, 1 min each
- Passing, toreando to back take and submission, 1 min each
- Sit outs from arm in head lock, 1 min each
- Modified single leg takedown (chest pressure & heal pick, from cross-lapel double fist grip break, switch to maintain a wrist grip placing between partners leg), once down leg drag to leg drag mount, then side control to s-mount, bait the cross collar choke then partner defends, pop the elbow through to hook the arm, switch the arm and hook the leg with the far arm to execute an arm bar while your partner is still on his side. 1 min each
- Knee slide pass through partners butterfly, to knee belly, work for arm bar, baseball bat strangle, or paper cutter. 1 min each
- Modified Judo hip throw, retaining the far side arm hook with a deep under hook, set up a north south head mount kimura/wrist lock to a spinning arm bar/wrist lock. 1 min each
- Lapel, arm sleeve control guard pull, leg on hip to arm bar. 1 min each
Below is sped up clip x 7 of the drilling we did this morning enjoy…
I asked everyone if anyone had something they wanted to work on… Nathan brought up the baseball bat strangle… I said perfect. We then noted the difference between a choke and a strangle… as to some may use choke interchangeably between the two. Choking is by attacking the wind pipe, its painful and your opponent may comply with a scramble to escape et-cetera. Strangle is by attacking your opponents carotid artery on the side of their neck to restrict blood flow to the brain and putting him to sleep, non compliant.
Technique: (Baseball Bat Strangles)
- Baseball bat strangle, with a knee slide from side control to finish in north south and head placement on the opposite side.
- Baseball bat strangle, starting from inside your closed guard, baiting the pass or forcing the pass with a sweeping hook, to finishing on your belly.
- Baseball bat strangle, using your opponents lapel, with a knee slide from side control to finish in north south and head placement on the opposite side.
- Baseball bat strangle, starting from inside your closed guard, using your opponents lapel, baiting the pass or forcing the pass with a sweeping hook, to finishing on your belly.
I even showed a reversal from top side if your opponent defends the knee slide…
Rolling: (4 x 5 mins Rounds)
- Sat out, had no one to roll with
- Rupert Klein, 1 x 5 min, hard round
- Nathan Hatton, 2 x 5 min hard round
Stretching: (10 mins)
Had Nathan Hatton run the stretching… popped a few ibuprofens… yep… stretching lol… short clip below lol… we even swept the mat after… respect the mat!!
Nathan… Below is the guy is a clip I found on Youtube about the guy I was talking about today… with the baseball bat strangle… enjoy
Hope I see everyone sometime this week… rumor has it there may be promotions…