Got to LEMMA at roughly 7pm tonight, met up with Morgan… drilled out some arm bars from closed guard, discussed variations of the Ezekiel choke by closing the fist by placing pressure more with the chest to the back to complete the triangle to complete the structure and complete the choke with pressure to Carotid arteries in the neck
Me, Morgan Frazer, John Ganth, Gary Maki, Jared Maki were on site for 8pm BJJ…
Warm-up Consisted of the Following Drills:
1. Arm bars from closed guard, 10 reps alternating sides
2. Hip bump sweep from closed guard, 10 reps alternating sides
3. Omaplata’s with over hook, from closed guard, 10 reps alternating sides
4. Scissor sweeps, with cross lapel from closed guard, 10 reps alternating sides
5. Triangles from closed guard, 10 reps alternating sides
6. Spinning arm bar from far side under hook, starting in side control when your partner turns into you. 10 reps alternating sides
Gary and Jared , I’ve attached a cool viddy found on Youtube below for further reference… enjoy!!
7. Arm bar starting mount, with cross collar lapel grip, waiting for opponent to defend, moving to S/technical mount, switch the arms, bring the leg over, and grip the leg while applying pressure to the elbow. 10 reps alternating sides
Gary and Jared I’ve attached a cool viddy by Jiu-Jitsu Magazine with Roger Gracie demonstrating below for further reference.
Got John Ganth to show us a few wrist lock again… love it.
1. S-arm wrist lock from cross lapel grip. I believe below I found a cool viddy with something similar to what was showed tonight… Thanks John.
I feel like it’s just the tip of the iceberg with us and wrist lock application, below is a cool clip from BJJ Hacks about Fredson Paixao with the most nastiest submission in BJJ. I’ve only heard horror stories of this guy entering tournaments, applying these locks to people… guys not tapping in time and breaking their wrist. With only guys withdrawing from the tournaments when they see his name on the sign up sheet lol… enjoy!!
Below is Fredson Paixao vs Ricardo De La Riva @ Mundials 2002 a clip i found on You tube enjoy!!
1. John Ganth, hard flow round, 1 x 5 min round
2. Morgan Frazer, hard flow round, 1 x 5 min round
3. Jared Maki, hard round flow round, 1 x 5 min round
4.Gary Maki, hard round, a lot of grip fighting, 1 x 5 min round.
5. Morgan Frazer, hard flow round, 1 x 5 min round
BJJ is all about balance and life… Maybe we’ll see you out for tomorrow’s BJJ class or even Friday Open Mat… keep the wife at home happy… more BJJ!