Uggg… painful to get up this morning. Not from the smashing I got yesterday but from the late night our lovely neighbors decided to have… thanks 5 am partying.
Well still got up, brewed a pot of coffee… walked Chuck Norris… had a few cups of coffee and got to the gym at 9am…
Training just consisted of tabata styled movements with the grappling dummy. 60 secs per movement, with 5, different exercises as hard and as fast as possible. 5 sets total 30 sec breaks between sets.
5 sets of:
1. 60 sec, knee belly switches
2. 60 sec, side control, push-ups to knee belly, alternating knees
3. 60 sec, mount to s-mount then transitions to arm bar, alternating sides
4. 60 sec, side control switches
5. 60 sec, turtle guard switches
Turned out to be a small group today, which not gonna lie is always nice. Philippe Jecker, Scott Hall, & visiting Blue Belt Brian Walker from Trenton.
15 min warm-up:
1. Some jogging around the mat the insides to outside switches
2. lunges, 1 lap
3. Forward shoulder rolls, alternating shoulders, 1 lap
4. Reverse shoulder rolls, alternating shoulders, 1 lap
5. Side shoulder rolls, 1 lap left side & 1 lap right side
6. Forward butt scoots, 1 lap
7. Reverse butt scoots, 1 lap
8. Backwards shrimping, 1 lap
9. Forward shrimping, 1 lap
10. Backwards break fall to technical stand, 1 lap
11. Forward break falls to technical stand, 1 lap
12. Inside Z walks, 1 lap
13. Outside Z walks, 1 lap
14. Sit-outs, 1 lap
1. Modified single leg from same side lapel grip break takedown, with leg drag to straight foot lock or mount. 20 reps each side.
2. X-pass, re-guard by elbow pushing, turning to knees, then forward shrimping
3. X-pass, re-guard by turning away to turtle, then gramby roll back to guard
4. X-pass, disengaging with a technical stand-up, then pulling guard
1. Reviewed a variation of a forearm slicer (fatosa) from top side control kimura defence.
2. Reviewed some concepts of guard development and the kimura from closed guard with Scotty-Too-Hotty-Hall.
Great morning guys… thanks for drilling with me…
Im not an expert, far from being a professional, drilling does help make thinks automatic… then you don’t have to think… truth.
See some of you guy’s hopefully Tuesday night!!
Posted from WordPress for Android