A pleasant surprise tonight with the amount of guys and gals that turned up, especially with this horribly cold weather… truth!! the gym is super warm though!! the memories from last year lol… brrr. socks while warm up. ewwww.
Got to LEMMA at roughly 7:30pm had three newbies show up… Liz, Ryan, & Devon I believe. Got them to put on a loaner GI, and belt… yes… introduction to belt tying… love it guys… just love it.
Below is a video clip on how to tie a belt by Stephan Kesting… enjoy hahaha.
Brittany, Gary, Jared, Jayden, John, Alex, & Hector, showed up shortly after…
Warm-up Consisted of the Following Drills:
- Arm bars from closed guard, 10 reps alternating sides
- Hip bump sweep from closed guard, 10 reps alternating sides
- Omaplata’s with over hook, from closed guard, 10 reps alternating sides
- Scissor sweeps, with cross lapel from closed guard, 10 reps alternating sides
- Triangles from closed guard, 10 reps alternating sides
- Spider guard switches, 10 reps alternating sides
- Marcellotines, 10 reps alternating sides
- Side control switches, 10 reps alternating sides
- Butterfly guard sweeps to kesa gatame side control, 10 reps alternating sides
- Arm bar from bottom closed guard
I’ve attached a video found on YouTube by Stephan Kesting for further reference.
- Flower sweep to mount from closed guard
Below is a cool clip of Braulio Estima showing this sweep from BJJ Weekly Issue 113 found on YouTube for further reference.
- 6- 5 min rounds tonight
To the newbies… be patient nothing wrong with rolling slower… it’s not a fight to the death! Ryan and Liz I hope you continue your journey with us… thanks for trying it out!!
Devon, the new guy to rolling in a GI… I hope you continue your journey with us… you got some grappling skills. If your reading this I’ve attached a reference video I found on YouTube of defending strangles and chokes with a GI… Below… enjoy hahahahah!